U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Washington is Seeking an Independent Compliance Reviewer
The United States of America and Bechtel National, Inc., Amentum, and the Waste Treatment Completion Company, LLC (the "Contractors") have entered into a Corporate Compliance and Cooperation Agreement (the "CCCA") to promote compliance with government contracting laws at the Hanford Waste Treatment and Immobilization Plant ("WTP") in southeastern Washington State. The United States and the Contractors are seeking an experienced professional to fill the role of Independent Compliance Reviewer. The Independent Compliance Reviewer will be responsible for reviewing the Contractors' compliance with the CCCA for a term of three (3) years. The position will be located either at the WTP Project Office in Richland, Washington, or at the WTP worksite approximately 22 miles north of Richland. The compensation for this position starts at $150,000 per year.
- Substantial prior experience (10+ years) with government contracts and major construction and/or operations and maintenance projects, including experience with United States Department of Energy projects (experience with DOE nuclear projects preferred).
- Substantial prior experience (10+ years) with manual labor on construction and/or operations projects, including in the areas of labor planning, labor utilization, management and supervision of labor, time-charging systems for recording labor charges, and labor billing practices (experience with unionized labor preferred).
- Prior experience with project controls preferred.
- Knowledge of all or some combination of the Federal Acquisition Regulation, the Department of Energy Acquisition Regulation, Generally Accepted Government Auditing Standards, the International Financial Reporting Standards, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- An understanding of federal, state, and local contracting requirements.
- Familiarity with government compliance standards.
- General awareness of federal, state, and local labor laws and regulations.
- Candidates must be able to obtain a DOE badge for access to the Hanford Site.
- In order to ensure independent compliance review, candidates must disclose any previous work, in any capacity for any employer, at WTP.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter and resume to the United States Attorney’s Office for the Eastern District of Washington c/o Tyler Tornabene, 920 W. Riverside Ave., Ste 340, PO Box 1494, Spokane WA 99201. All submissions must be received no later than August 23, 2021. Applicants selected for interviews will be interviewed by representatives of the U.S. Attorney’s Office and the Department of Energy Office of Inspector General. The final selection decision will be made by the U.S. Attorney’s Office.
To review the full Corporate Compliance and Cooperation Agreement further detailing the position click HERE.