U.S. Attorney’s Office Commemorates National Crime Victims’ Rights Week
For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of North Dakota
FARGO – Interim United States Attorney Nicholas W. Chase announced that on April 29, 2022, the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the District of North Dakota recognized individuals from across the state who provide outstanding services to victims.
Victim assistance awards were presented to the following individuals:
• Assistant United States Attorney Victim Assistance Award – Lori Conroy, Assistant U.S Attorney, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Fargo.
• Support Staff Victim Assistance Award – Susan Spivey, Forensic Interviewer, Red River Children’s Advocacy Center, Grand Forks, ND.
• Victim Witness Advocate Assistance Award – Melandie Deplazes, Safe Alternatives for Abused Families, Devils Lake, ND.
• Special Agent Victim Assistance Award – Jarrod Birchler, Special Agent, FBI, Grand Forks, ND.
• Crime Victim Service Legacy Assistance Award – Geig & Linda Schneider.
The U.S. Department of Justice’s Office for Victims of Crime (OVC) leads communities throughout the country in their annual observances of the National Crime Victims’ Rights Week. This year’s theme - Rights, access, equity, for all victims - underscores the importance of helping crime survivors find their justice by enforcing victims’ rights, expanding access to services, and ensuring equity and inclusion for all.
Terry W. Van Horn 701-297-7458 firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated April 29, 2022