COVID-19 Information and Resources
The Department of Justice is remaining vigilant in detecting, investigating, and prosecuting wrongdoing related to the crisis. In a memo to U.S. Attorneys, Attorney General Barr said, "The pandemic is dangerous enough without wrongdoers seeking to profit from public panic and this sort of conduct cannot be tolerated." Below is a list of information and resources on the fight against the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.
For accurate and up-to-date information on COVID-19, please visit
Learn about the Department of Justice’s response at
Learn more about what the federal government is doing at
- Report COVID-19 related fraud online at Justice.gov/DisasterComplaintForm
- Stop COVID-19 Fraud. Strategic Targeted Outreach Program.
- Stop COVID-19 Fraud. Strategic Targeted Outreach Program (infographic).
- Operation Stolen Promise (infographic).
- FBI Urges Vigilance During COVID-19 Pandemic (from https://www.fbi.gov/coronavirus)
- Children who are home from school and spending more time online may be at increased risk for exploitation. (School Closings Due to COVID-19 Present Potential for Increased Risk of Child Exploitation: https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/school-closings-due-to-covid-19-present-potential-for-increased-risk-of-child-exploitation/layout_view)
- Anyone can be targeted by hackers and scammers. (FBI Sees Rise in Fraud Schemes Related to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic: https://www.ic3.gov/media/2020/200320.aspx)
- Protecting civil rights and investigating hate crimes remain a high priority for the FBI. ( https://www.fbi.gov/investigate/civil-rights/hate-crimes)
- Be aware that criminals are attempting to use malicious websites and apps that appear to share virus-related information to gain and lock access to your devices until payment is received. Criminals will likely continue to use new methods to exploit COVID-19 worldwide. Report internet crime to the FBI at https://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx.
How to Help
- JAMA: Conserving Supply of Personal Protective Equipment—A Call for Ideas
- American Red Cross: What to know about the Coronavirus and Blood Donation
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) Information
- FBI Warns Health Care Professionals of Increased Potential for Fraudulent Sales of COVID-19-Related Medical Equipment
- National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH): Approved Particulate Filtering Facepiece Respirators (i.e., N95s)
- Counterfeit Respirators / Misrepresentation of NIOSH-Approval
- OSHA: The Importance of Checking for NIOSH Certification
- How can a business be designated/included in one of the 16 sectors for continuity of operations? Email CISA at CISA.email@example.com.
- How can a business sell products to the federal government or help/donate time and products to the federal government? Email FEMA's National Business Emergency Operations Center (NBEOC) at NBEOC@max.gov. For more information on NBEOC, see https://www.fema.gov/nbeoc.
Tools and Resources
- FEMA Information
- FBI Press Releases
- SANS Institute: Free Cybersecurity Community Resources and Programs
- National Cyber Security Alliance: COVID-19 Security Resource Library
- ReliaQuest On-Demand Webinar: Securing Your Newly Remote Workforce
- CDC: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- CISA: Identifying Critical Infrastructure During COVID-19
- White House Coronavirus Task Force
- Disaster Assistance
- U.S. Hospital Finder