Skip to main content


Many local and national organizations assist crime victims and provide great resources for victims and their families. Contact an organization below for more information.

Crime Victim Information

Oklahoma Crime Victim Compensation Program

A person who has been physically or emotionally injured as a result of a crime may be eligible for financial assistance through the Oklahoma Crime Victims Compensation Board.

To qualify for assistance:

  • The crime must have occurred in Oklahoma on or after October 19, 1981.
  • The crime must have been reported to a law enforcement agency within 72 hours.
  • The claim for compensation must be filed within one (1) year of injury or death.
  • The claimant must cooperate fully in the investigation and prosecution of the offender.
  • Compensation shall not be awarded to a claimant if it would unjustly benefit the offender or accomplice.
  • Compensation that could be awarded may be reduced or denied, depending on the degree of responsibility for the injury or death that is attributable to the victim.

The United States Department of Justice and the United States Attorney's Office have taken several steps to make the participation by victims and witnesses more effective and meaningful. One of these steps is to prepare a "Victim Witness Handbook". We hope that it will provide the answers to many of your questions and will give you sufficient general information to understand your rights and responsibilities. Victims now have access to automated and online tracking of the criminal case. Please call this office to find out how to participate in this program. If you have to serve as a witness, remember your assistance is greatly needed and appreciated by your community.

Child Victims And Violent Crime

Elder Abuse & Exploitation

Domestic Violence

Fraud & Identity Theft

Identity theft is when someone uses your personal information such as your Social Security Number or credit card without your permission. If you are a victim of identity theft:

  • Check your accounts.
  • Contact all creditors and financial institutions.
  • Place a fraud alert on your social security number, and obtain a copy of your credit report.
  • Contact the Identity Theft Resource Center (ITRC) no-cost victim assistance number: 1-888-400-5530 or ITRC can provide victims with valuable information and give you detailed information on what you need to file.
  • Run your credit report quarterly.
  • Contact one of the three companies to place an alert.
    • Equifax : 1-800-525-6285, P.O. Box 740241, Atlanta, GA 30374-0241.
    • Experian: 1-888-397-3742, P.O. Box 9532, Allen, TX 75013.
    • TransUnion: 1-800-680-7289, P.O. Box 6790, Fullerton, CA 92864-6790.
  • Once you place the fraud alert in your file, you’re entitled to order free copies of your credit reports, and, if you ask, only the last four digits of your SSN will appear on your credit reports.

Human Trafficking

Sexual Abuse

Substance Abuse


Updated March 4, 2016