Skip to main content
Press Release

Covington Man Pleads Guilty To Distribution Of Heroin Resulting In Death

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, Eastern District of Kentucky

COVINGTON, KY -A Covington, Ky., man admitted in federal court today that he sold heroin that resulted in the death of one of his customers.

Timothy Tingle-Brown, 29, pled guilty today before U.S. District Judge David L. Bunning to distributing heroin that resulted in death.

“This case exemplifies the commitment of our office and our law enforcement partners to the fight against heroin trafficking,” said Kerry B. Harvey, U.S. Attorney in the Eastern District of Kentucky. “Tingle-Brown faces at least twenty years in prison because he chose to sell heroin, a decision with deadly consequences in this case. Others who are tempted to engage in this destructive behavior should take heed of the price to be paid.”

Tingle-Brown admitted to selling heroin to a man at an apartment in Taylor Mill, Ky., on April 20, 2013. The man subsequently died from an overdose from the heroin that Tingle-Brown had sold to him.

A federal grand jury in Covington returned an indictment on September 12, 2013 charging Tingle-Brown with distribution of heroin resulting in death. The trial started on June 20, 2014 and a jury was selected, but Tingle-Brown entered a guilty plea this morning before the trial was scheduled to continue.

Kerry B. Harvey, United States Attorney for the Eastern District of Kentucky, and James V. Allen, Acting Special Agent in Charge, Detroit Field Division, Drug Enforcement Administration, jointly announced the guilty plea.

The investigation was conducted by the Cincinnati Resident Office of the Drug Enforcement Administration, the Taylor Mill Police Department, and the office of the Kenton County Commonwealth Attorney. Assistant U.S. Attorney Tony Bracke represents the federal government in this matter.

Tingle-Brown is scheduled to be sentenced on September 30, 2014. He faces a minimum of 20 years in prison and a maximum of life. He also faces a maximum fine of $1,000,000.00 and at least three years of supervised release. However, any sentence will be imposed by the Court after consideration of the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and the federal statutes.

Updated November 25, 2015