Outstanding work is done every day in this office on behalf of the United States. Yet, neither the office, nor the interests we serve, remain stagnant. We must vigilantly continue to assess our strengths and weaknesses to meet the changing demands on our time and resources. To a large extent, our office goals and objectives parallel the goals and objectives of the Department of Justice. We are committed to the priorities set out by the Attorney General and President. As stated by the Attorney General in announcing the "wartime reorganization" of the Department of Justice after the September 11, 2001, attacks, "We cannot do everything we once did, because lives now depend on us doing a few things very well."
U.S. Attorney's Office Priorities:
- Protect against the threat of terrorism by providing leadership and coordination in preventing terrorism, investigating allegations of terrorist activity, and vigorously prosecuting those who have committed, or intend to commit terrorist acts in the Eastern District of Kentucky.
- Enforce Federal criminal laws, especially the Attorney General's Priority areas of firearms violations, illegal drugs, violent crimes, and corporate fraud, all to protect and serve the citizens and communities in the Eastern District of Kentucky.
- Protect the rights and interests of our citizens and client agencies by legal representation, enforcement of federal civil laws and defense of U. S. Interests in the Eastern District of Kentucky.
- Ensure professionalism, excellence, accountability, and integrity in the management and conduct of the United States Attorney's Office for the Eastern District of Kentucky.
- Improve and maximize overall support, effectiveness, and efficiency of the administrative team.
Updated February 19, 2015