Syracuse Man Sentenced to 75 Months on Drug Trafficking Convictions
Theodore Fowler Was Last of Fifteen Defendants to be Sentenced
SYRACUSE, NEW YORK – Theodore Fowler, age 33, of Syracuse, was sentenced today to serve 75 months in federal prison for his conviction for participating in a cocaine trafficking conspiracy, announced Acting United States Attorney Antoinette T. Bacon, Ray Donovan, Special Agent in Charge of the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), New York Field Division, Thomas F. Relford, Special Agent in Charge of the Albany Field Office of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), New York State Police Superintendent Keith Corlett, Sheriff Eugene Conway, Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office, and William J. Fitzpatrick, Onondaga County District Attorney. The defendant was also ordered to serve a three-year term of supervised release following his release from prison, and to forfeit $12,000 in proceeds from his drug trafficking activity.
Fowler was charged along with fourteen others in December 2018 for his role in the drug trafficking operation. All of the charged defendants pled guilty, and Fowler was the last to be sentenced. The other defendants were:
- Daitwaun Fair, 33, of Syracuse, sentenced to 102 months incarceration;
- Robert Payne, 39, of Ithaca, sentenced to 60 months incarceration;
- Margaret Bowman, 52, of Syracuse, sentenced to 15 months incarceration;
- Troy Jackson, 43, of Syracuse, sentenced to 46 months incarceration;
- Brian McAlpine, 31, of Syracuse, sentenced to 37 months incarceration;
- James Zupan, 60, of Syracuse, sentenced to 6 months incarceration;
- Marrell Edwards, 51, of Syracuse, sentenced to 48 months incarceration;
- Marcus Sales, 30, of Syracuse, sentenced to 6 months incarceration;
- Qualik Vaughn, 26, of Syracuse, sentenced to 66 months incarceration;
- Timothy Bowman, 33, of Syracuse, sentenced to 18 months incarceration
- Roosevelt Knight, 31, of Syracuse, sentenced to 33 months incarceration;
- Michael Starkey, 30, of Syracuse, sentenced to 61 months incarceration;
- Kenyatta Scott, 42, of Watertown, sentenced to 12 months incarceration;
- Rebecca Johnson, 42, of Watertown, sentenced to time served.
This case was investigated by the United States Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the New York State Police, the Onondaga County Sheriff’s Office, and the Onondaga County District Attorney’s Office, and was prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorney Nicolas Commandeur.