Skip to main content
Press Release

Former Lincoln Resident Sentenced for Conspiracy to Distribute Methamphetamine and Cocaine and Failure to Appear

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of Nebraska

United States Attorney Deborah R. Gilg announced that on February 27, 2013, Fernando Sanchez-Sanchez, formerly of Lincoln, was sentenced to a total of 235 months in prison for conspiracy to distribute methamphetamine and cocaine and failure to appear. 

Sanchez-Sanchez, 27, was originally indicted for conspiracy to distribute 500 grams or more of a mixture or substance containing methamphetamine and 500 grams or more of a mixture or substance containing cocaine in March of 2009.  Information provided to law enforcement indicated that between April of 2007 and September of 2008, Sanchez-Sanchez was responsible for the distribution of 15 kilograms or more of a mixture or substance containing methamphetamine and at least 2 kilograms of a mixture or substance containing cocaine.  Sanchez-Sanchez pled guilty to that charge in July of 2009 and was scheduled to be sentenced on October 27, 2009, but he failed to appear for sentencing.  In November of 2009, Sanchez-Sanchez was indicted for failure to appear.  He was arrested on January 17, 2012, and pled guilty to the failure to appear charge in May of 2012. 

The two cases were consolidated for sentencing, and Sanchez-Sanchez was sentenced to 188 months on the drug conspiracy charge and 47 months on the failure to appear charge, with the sentence for the failure to appear to be served consecutively to the sentence on the drug charge.  Sanchez-Sanchez was also ordered to serve five years on supervised release following the prison terms and was ordered to pay $200 in special assessments.

The drug conspiracy case was investigated by the Lincoln/Lancaster County Narcotics Task Force, which includes officers of the Lincoln Police Department, the Lancaster County Sheriffs Department, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, (FBI), and the University of Nebraska-Lincoln Police.  The failure to appear case was investigated by the United States Marshal’s Service.

Updated January 29, 2015