Skip to main content
Press Release

Albuquerque Men Ordered Detained Pending Trial on Federal Bank Robbery Charges

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, District of New Mexico

ALBUQUERQUE – This morning a U.S. Magistrate Judge sitting in Albuquerque, N.M., found probably cause to support a criminal complaint charging Greg Miera, 50, Martin Huerta, 43, Christian Herrera, 20, Isaiah Gallegos, 20, and Christopher Gallegos, 31, all of Albuquerque, with bank robbery.  The Magistrate Judge ordered Miera, Huerta and Christopher Gallegos detained pending trial, and released Herrera and Isaiah Gallegos to a half-way house under pretrial supervision and other  conditions of release.

Miera, Huerta, Herrera, Isaiah Gallegos and Christopher Gallegos were arrested on March 30, 2016, by the FBI and Albuquerque Police Department after a source identified the men as the individuals involved in robbing the US Bank located at 5620 Wyoming Blvd. NE in Albuquerque, on March 30, 2016.  The complaint alleged that APD officers conducted surveillance as a vehicle with four men pulled up to the US Bank on the afternoon of March 30, 2016.  Three of the men remained outside in the vehicle while the fourth entered the US Bank, threatened to shoot the bank employees, and demanded that two bank tellers place cash into a plastic bag. 

APD officers continued to conduct surveillance as the fourth man reentered the vehicle and the vehicle was driven to a residence in the North Valley of Albuquerque where the officers later allegedly observed Miera throw a plastic bag containing cash over a fence into a vacant lot.  Thereafter, the FBI executed a search warrant at the residence and also retrieved the plastic bag with cash that allegedly was discarded by Miera.

If convicted of the crimes charged in the criminal complaint, Miera, Huerta, Herrera, Isaiah Gallegos and Christopher Gallegos each face a maximum of 20 years in federal prison. Charges in criminal complaints are merely accusations.  All criminal defendants are presumed innocent unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

This case was investigated by the Albuquerque office of the FBI and the Albuquerque Police Department.  Assistant U.S. Attorney Paul Mysliwiec is prosecuting the case.


Updated April 4, 2016