"It was hard to report the harassment, but now I have peace. I can relax and feel like I'm home. This is mine."
After you contact DOJ, we will talk to you about your experience. After that, we may do the following:
- Encourage you to file a complaint with the U.S. Department of Housing & Urban Development
- Investigate your harasser(s)
- Decide whether to file a lawsuit
- Inform your harasser(s) that threatening or evicting people because they reported harassment is against the law
- Request a court order to protect your privacy during a lawsuit
- Gather evidence
- Attempt to negotiate and settle the lawsuit
- Argue the case at trial
We will keep you updated on where we are in the process.