The Newnan Division is located in the county seat of Coweta County. The 2002 census reports that 457,866 residents now call the area home.
Newnan is located off of I-85, approximately 35 miles southwest of Atlanta. This area is rapidly becoming a suburb of Atlanta, because of the growth of areas like Peachtree City, which is located just north of Newnan. Peachtree City is a planned community of four villages, that include shopping areas, recreational facilities, and schools. Peachtree City's growth has been stimulated by its convenient location close to south Atlanta industries and Hartsfield International Airport.
Southwest of Newnan is West Point Lake, a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers lake. West Point Lake sits on the Georgia/Alabama border. The lake extends 35 miles along the Chattahoochee River and has a shoreline of more than 500 miles, http://www.sam.usace.army.mil/Missions/CivilWorks/Recreation/WestPointLake.aspx. Not far from West Point Lake is LaGrange, Georgia, which is known for its technology industry. LaGrange is home to such industries as Duracell, Georgia Pacific, the Caterpillar Corporation and a WalMart regional distribution center.
For more information, contact:
Newnan office 770.253.7440
Atlanta office 404.581.6000
Driving directions to the division office - 18 Greenville Street
- I-85 South (toward Montgomery).
- Exit 47 to Newnan - turn RIGHT.
- Go through 7 lights including the light at the end of the ramp
- about 2.9 miles to next turn.
- Get in the left-hand lane as you pass Burger King which is on the left, the next light will be the 6th light
- as you go through the 6th light. Get into the far left-hand lane.
- At the 7th light, turn LEFT onto Jackson Street
- Go through 3 lights.
- At the 4th light, turn LEFT onto Spring Street.
- Go through the light at Greenville Street. (The Post Office/Federal Building is at the corner of Spring and Greenville)
Note: You will notice that the streets in and out of town are one way and that the street names change when you pass by the Courthouse Square. You came in on Jackson/LaGrange and you will go out on Greenville/ Jefferson.
- There is parking behind the Post Office/Courthouse on Perry Street.
- There is a lot at the corner of Spring and LaGrange Street (Jackson Street becomes LaGrange once you pass by the Court Square)
- If you turn right on Spring, there is a lot about 1/2 block down on the left.
- Parking on the street in front of the Courthouse limited to 2 hours.