You are here

Justice News

Department of Justice
U.S. Attorney’s Office
District of South Dakota

Saturday, July 9, 2016

Ridgeview Man Sentenced for Assault with a Dangerous Weapon

United States Attorney Randolph J. Seiler announced that a Ridgeview, South Dakota, man convicted of Assault with a Dangerous Weapon was sentenced on July 5, 2016, by U.S. District Judge Roberto A. Lange.

Shilo Hill, a/k/a Shilo Roubideau, age 20, was sentenced to 24 months in custody, followed by 3 years of supervised release, $2,241.46 in restitution, and a special assessment of $100 to the Federal Crime Victims Fund.

Hill was indicted by a federal grand jury on January 21, 2016.  He pled guilty to Assault with a Dangerous Weapon on April 11, 2016.

 The conviction stems from an incident that took place on October 3, 2015, when Hill’s ex-girlfriend and a male friend, the victim in this case, returned to her home near Swiftbird, South Dakota.  Two individuals were at the home and when they left, they took Hill’s ex-girlfriend’s vehicle and went to another residence in the Swiftbird Community.  Hill was at that residence and when he asked them why they were driving his ex-girlfriend’s car, they said they had borrowed it.  Hill also learned a man was with his ex-girlfriend.  Hill and his brother drove to Hill’s ex-girlfriend’s residence, where Hill used a tire iron to break the glass out of a window in the front door.  When Hill and his brother walked into the residence uninvited, he was holding the tire iron in his hand raised above his head.  Hill and his brother went towards the victim in a threatening manner.  The victim thought Hill was going to hit him with the tire iron, so he held up his hand and told Hill and his brother not to "do this" with the kids there.  Hill's brother left and Hill followed him out, but as he was leaving, he said, "I'll see you on the street," and used the tire iron to break out some more windows and to put a hole in the wall by the front door.

This case was investigated by the Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe Law Enforcement Services.  Assistant U.S. Attorney Jay Miller prosecuted the case.

Hill was immediately turned over to the custody of the U.S. Marshals Service.

Violent Crime
Updated July 9, 2016