Skip to main content
Press Release

Bank Robber Ordered To Federal Prison

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, Southern District of Texas

HOUSTON – The third of four convicted in the armed bank robbery of a Wells Fargo Bank in September 2012 has been ordered to federal prison, announced United States Attorney Kenneth Magidson. Stanley Snowden, 40, of Houston, pleaded guilty June 28, 2013.

Today, U.S. District Judge Melinda Harmon sentenced Snowden to 87 months for his role in the aggravated bank robbery as well as an additional 84 months for brandishing a firearm during commission of the crime. The sentences are to be served consecutively for a total of 171 months in federal prison.

On Sept. 26, 2012, at approximately 9:45 a.m., the Wells Fargo Bank on Fulton Street in Houston was robbed by Snowden and two others - David Wilson Holiday, 35, of Houston, and Alvin Theotis Snowden, 41, of Houston - wearing masks and bandanas. Stanley Snowden and Alvin Snowden were armed with semiautomatic pistols.

Holiday and Alvin Snowden jumped over the teller counter demanded that the bank employees lay down on the ground, while Alvin Snowden pointed his weapon at them. Alvin Snowden took the bank manager to the vault and demanded money and Holiday took one of the bank employees to her teller drawer.

Stanley Snowden controlled the lobby area, during which time he assaulted an elderly female customer by throwing her to the ground and pointing his pistol directly at her as she lay on the floor of the bank.

After the robbery, the three men exited the bank and entered a Chevrolet Impala, driven by Anthony D. Brown, 40, of Houston, who drove the others to the bank prior to the robbery. All were apprehended a short time later, at which time a .32 caliber pistol, a 9mm pistol and money stolen from the bank were recovered from the vehicle.

The three others also pleaded guilty. Alvin Snowden received a total sentence of 319 months, while Brown will serve 92 months in federal prison. Holiday will be sentenced next month.

The investigation was conducted by the FBI Bank Robbery Task Force, which is comprised of personnel from the FBI, Houston Police Department and Harris County Sheriff's Office. Assistant United States Attorney Jennie Basile is prosecuting the case.

Updated April 30, 2015