Skip to main content
Press Release

Suburban Houston man sentenced for sex trafficking minors

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, Southern District of Texas

HOUSTON – A 26-year-old Richwood resident has been ordered to federal prison for forcing teenagers to engage in commercial sex, announced U.S. Attorney Alamdar S. Hamdani.

Charlie James Jones pleaded guilty Nov. 26.

Today, U.S. District Judge George C. Hanks sentenced him to a total 190-month-term of imprisonment. At the hearing, the court heard that in addition to the girl he pleaded guilty to trafficking, he also caused several other minors to engage in commercial sex. In handing down the prison term, the court noted that Jones had a manipulative personality both emotionally and physically and that what he did was horrific. Jones was further ordered to pay $7,200 in restitution to the victim and will serve 10 years on supervised release following completion of his prison term. During that time, he will have to comply with numerous requirements designed to restrict his access to children and the internet. Jones will also be ordered to register as a sex offender.

Jones pleaded guilty to trafficking one girl in and around Angleton in July 2015, but also admitted to doing the same to another minor.  

On one occasion, he had taken the girls, then ages 16 and 17, to a local motel. He photographed the minors in thong underwear and posted the images online in ads promoting them for commercial sex. 

Over the course of several subsequent weekends, Jones forced the younger victim to engage in commercial sex and took all the proceeds. If she resisted, Jones became violent with her by grabbing her throat and pulling her hair. He also forced himself on her sexually. 

The other female was allegedly Jones’ girlfriend. However, he also made her engage in commercial sex and was seen committing acts of violence against her.

Jones has been and will remain in custody pending transfer to a U.S. Bureau of Prisons facility to be determined in the near future.

The FBI and Texas Department of Public Safety conducted the investigation. Assistant U.S. Attorney Sherri L. Zack prosecuted the case.

Updated December 20, 2022

Project Safe Childhood