To enforce the federal criminal laws of the United States, to represent effectively the interests of the United States in civil litigation, and to ensure the public safety needs of the community through cooperative working relationships between state, local and federal law enforcement agencies in the District of Vermont.
- Protect and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies; foreign and domestic.
- Ensure fair and impartial administration of justice for all Americans, adhering to the highest ethical and professional standards.
- Enhance community safety by reducing crime and the fear of crime.
- Establish, maintain, and promote effective partnerships with local, state and federal law enforcement agencies.
- Protect the civil rights of citizens, and the rights of victims of crime and witnesses.