Skip to main content
Press Release

Bowling Green, Kentucky, Convicted Felon Sentenced To 104 Months In Prison For Violating Federal Firearms Laws

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, Western District of Kentucky

Arrested following a high-speed pursuit and standoff with law enforcement

BOWLING GREEN, Ky. – A convicted felon who was living in Bowling Green, Kentucky, was sentenced in United States District Court last week, by Judge Greg N. Stivers, to 104 months in prison, after pleading guilty to possession of a firearm and ammunition by a convicted felon, announced United States Attorney John E. Kuhn, Jr.

Jackie Lee Bowles, age 26, was arrested on May 21, 2015, on the federal charge, following a high-speed chase and armed standoff with law enforcement, in Bowling Green, Kentucky. Bowles was charged with the possession of a loaded, General Precision Corp., Model 20, .22 caliber revolver. 

According to an affidavit filed with a federal criminal complaint, Bowles pointed a handgun at a self-identified police officer, threatened to shoot additional police officers in the head, and identified himself as a Captain with the Aryan Nation.  Bowles is a convicted felon, having previously pled guilty in United States District Court to charges of possession and distribution of crack cocaine (case number 1:08cr40) on January 7, 2009.  At the time of his arrest, Bowles was on Supervised Release from that conviction.  The 104-month sentence includes 77 months for the new charge and 27 months for revocation of his earlier term of Supervised Release.

Bowles was involved in a pursuit by police at a high rate of speed, after failing to stop his vehicle for an alleged traffic violation. He fled that vehicle on foot.  Bowles was later approached by law enforcement when the officer recognized him as a passenger in a vehicle at a convenience store on Louisville Road in Bowling Green. A Warren County Sheriff’s Department Sergeant identified himself and at that time, Bowles allegedly raised a handgun and pointed it at the Sergeant. Other officers arrived and established a perimeter around Bowles’ vehicle and evacuated several surrounding businesses and locked down two area schools.  A Kentucky State Police Trooper used a taser to subdue Bowles.

Assistant United States Attorney Jo E. Lawless prosecuted the case.  ATF, in conjunction with the Warren County Sheriff’s Office and Kentucky State Police, conducted the investigation.

Updated August 31, 2015

Violent Crime