Skip to main content
Press Release

Feds Charge Additional Defendant For Looting Neighborhood Pharmacy During Civil Unrest

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, Western District of Kentucky

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – United States Attorney Russell Coleman today announced that a federal grand jury has indicted a man for attempting to rob a pharmacy during civil unrest in Louisville.  This indictment is additive to multiple charges recently announced by the United States Attorney’s Office for the looting of neighborhood pharmacies for controlled substances, carjacking, and illegal possession of firearms by convicted felons.

“What does looting a relied-upon neighborhood pharmacy for drugs have to do with constitutionally-protected speech seeking change in policing; nothing,” said U.S. Attorney Russell Coleman. “Federal law enforcement will stand as one to protect our neighbors in all neighborhoods of Louisville.”

Christopher Tinsley, 27, of Louisville, has been charged with conspiracy to commit burglary involving controlled substances by a Federal Grand Jury sitting in Louisville. According to a criminal complaint, on June 2, 2020, LMPD responded to a burglary in progress at Walgreens on 5201 S. 3rd St. Louisville, Kentucky. Police observed multiple people fleeing the business when they arrived. Tinsley was detained at that time along with Vontreil Bailey, 30, of Louisville, who the U.S. Attorney’s Office previously announced was charged with conspiracy to commit burglary involving controlled substances.

During a law enforcement interview on June 6, 2020, an employee of the business advised that the burglary had severely affected Walgreens’ ability to conduct business as patients prescriptions had been stolen, and the pharmacy was left in disarray.

The charges carry a penalty of no more than 10 years, a maximum fine of $250,000 and no more than three years of supervised release

The Federal Bureau of Investigation, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Drug Enforcement Administration, and the Louisville Metro Police Department are investigating the case.


Updated June 25, 2020