Skip to main content
Press Release

Louisville Man Sentenced To 51 Months In Prison For Being A Convicted Felon In Possession Of A Firearm

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, Western District of Kentucky

Federal prosecution resulted following the use of a firearm during a road rage incident on I-265 in Louisville

LOUISVILLE, Ky. – A convicted felon was sentenced in United States District Court today, by Senior Judge Thomas B. Russell, to 51 months in prison followed by three years of supervised release, for unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon, announced United States Attorney John E. Kuhn, Jr.


“One can only imagine how terrified the victim of this crime must have felt not only for herself, but for the safety of her two children,” stated U.S. Attorney John Kuhn. “In this case, no one was injured, but this community well knows how dangerous and deadly the outcome could have been. For the safety of our communities, we will continue to enforce the laws that keep felons from possessing firearms.”


Timothy Wayne Corbin, 45, from Louisville, previously admitted, in United States District Court, that on September 9, 2016, on I-265 in Louisville, Kentucky, that he pointed and fired a gun at a vehicle driven by Jacqueline Morris and occupied by her and her two children. The projectile penetrated the engine compartment and radiator of the vehicle, but Ms. Morris was able to safely exit the interstate and call 911. Mr. Corbin then hid the gun inside the home of his girlfriend and texted her, asking her to provide an alibi for his whereabouts that evening. The gun, a Smith and Wesson, 40 caliber semiautomatic pistol and ammunition with magazine, was determined to have traveled in interstate commerce by an interstate nexus expert with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives.


In 2010 Corbin was convicted in Jefferson Circuit Court Case No. 07-CR-2677 of Manufacturing Methamphetamine, a felony offense punishable by more than one year.


This case was prosecuted by Assistant United States Attorney Erin McKenzie and was investigated by ATF.

Updated August 17, 2017

Violent Crime