This is archived content from the U.S. Department of Justice website. The information here may be outdated and links may no longer function. Please contact if you have any questions about the archive site.

2017. MSHA -- Criminal Violations

Criminal cases are referred by the Department of Labor to the Criminal Division, or, in some cases, directly to the United States Attorneys. If the Criminal Division determines that a case referred to it warrants prosecution, the case will be referred to the appropriate United States Attorney. Questions regarding MSHA criminal matters should be directed to the Fraud Section, Senior Legal Advisor for Regulatory Enforcement, William P. Sellers IV.

Updated January 17, 2020