|This document is available in three formats: this web page (for browsing content), PDF (comparable to original document formatting), and WordPerfect. To view the PDF you will need Acrobat Reader, which may be downloaded from the Adobe site. For an official signed copy, please contact the Antitrust Documents Group.|
| UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT|
FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE WITH PROVISIONS
Plaintiff United States of America, by the undersigned attorney, hereby certifies that, in compliance with the Antitrust Procedures and Penalties Act, 15 U.S.C. § 16(b)-(h), the following procedures have been followed in preparation for the entry of a final judgment herein:
1. Plaintiffs and defendants stipulated to the entry of the proposed Final Judgment on October 25, 2004, and this Stipulation was filed with the Court on October 25, 2004;
3. The Competitive Impact Statement was filed with the Court on October 29, 2005;
4. The Stipulation, proposed Final Judgment, and Competitive Impact Statement were published in the Federal Register on November 15, 2004, see 69 Fed. Reg. 65,633 (2004);
5. A summary of the terms of the proposed Final Judgment was published in the Washington Post, a newspaper of general circulation in the District of Columbia, beginning on November 10, 2004 and continuing on consecutive days through November 16, 2004 (see attachment);
6. Copies of the Stipulation, proposed Final Judgment, and Competitive Impact Statement were furnished to all persons requesting them and made available on the Antitrust Division's Internet site;
7. On November 4, 2004, defendants Cingular Wireless Corporation, SBC Communications, Inc., BellSouth Corporation, and AT&T Wireless Services, Inc. jointly filed with the Court a description of written or oral communications by or on behalf of the defendants, or any other person, with any officer or employee of the United States concerning the proposed Final Judgment, as required by 15 U.S.C. § 16(g);
8. The sixty-day comment period prescribed by 15 U.S.C. §16(b) and (d) for the receipt and consideration of written comments, during which the proposed Final Judgment could not be entered, commenced on November 17, 2004 and ended on January 15, 2005;
9. As of the date of this certificate of compliance, the United States has received two comments on the proposed Final Judgment. Accordingly, the United States filed its Response to Public Comments and the comments themselves with this Court on February 17, 2005, and published the Response and the public comments in the Federal Register on March 2, 2005, see 70 Fed. Reg. 10,114 (2005); and
10. The parties have now satisfied all the requirements of the Antitrust Procedures and Penalties Act, 15 U.S.C. § 16(b)-(h), as a condition for entering the proposed Final Judgment, and it is now appropriate for the Court to make the public interest determination required by 15 U.S.C. § 16(e) and to enter the Final Judgment.
CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE
I hereby certify that copies of the foregoing Certificate of Compliance with Provisions of the Antitrust Procedures and Penalties Act were served by first-class U.S. mail, postage prepaid, the 10th day of March, 2005 upon each of the parties listed below:
Ilene Knable Gotts, Esq.
Counsel for Defendant AT&T Wireless Services, Inc.
1. All subsequent references to the "proposed Final Judgment" are to the corrected proposed Final Judgment.