|This document is available in two formats: this web page (for browsing content) and PDF (comparable to original document formatting). To view the PDF you will need Acrobat Reader, which may be downloaded from the Adobe site. For an official signed copy, please contact the Antitrust Documents Group.|
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE WITH PROVISIONS
OF THE ANTITRUST PROCEDURES AND PENALTIES ACT
Plaintiff, United States of America, by the undersigned attorney, hereby certifies that, in compliance with the Antitrust Procedures and Penalties Act, 15 U.S.C. §16(b)-(h), the following procedures have been followed in preparation for the entry of final judgment in the above captioned matter herein:
1. Plaintiff and defendants have stipulated to the entry of the proposed Final Judgment in a Hold Separate Stipulation and Order ("HSSO") filed with the Court on July 3, 2008.
2. The proposed Final Judgment was filed with the Court on July 3, 2008.
3. The Competitive Impact Statement was filed with the Court on July 3, 2008.
4. The proposed Final Judgment and Competitive Impact Statement were published in the Federal Register on July 17, 2008. United States v. Signature Flight Support Services, Inc., et al, 71 Fed. Reg. 41118.
5. A summary of the proposed Final Judgment was published in The Washington Post, a newspaper of general circulation in the District of Columbia, for seven days beginning on July 24, 2008 and ending on July 30, 2008.
6. Copies of the HSSO, proposed Final Judgment, and Competitive Impact Statement were furnished to all persons requesting them and made available on the Antitrust Division's Internet site.
7. On July 14, 2008, defendant Hawker Beechcraft Services, Inc., and on July 18, 2008, defendant Signature Flight Support Services, Inc., filed with the Court a description of written or oral communications by or on behalf of the defendant, or any other person, with any officer or employee of the United States concerning the proposed Final Judgment, as required by 15 U.S.C. § 16(g).
8. The sixty-day comment period prescribed by 15 U.S.C. § 16(b) and (d) for the receipt and consideration of written comments, during which time the proposed Final Judgment could not be entered, ended on September 28, 2008.
9. The United States did not receive any comments on the proposed Final Judgment.
10. The parties have satisfied all the requirements of the Antitrust Procedures and Penalties Act, 15 U.S.C. § 16(b)-(h), as a condition for entering the proposed Final Judgment, and it is now appropriate for the Court to make the necessary public interest determination required by 15 U.S.C. § 16(e) and to enter the proposed Final Judgment.
Dated: October 21, 2008
CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE
I hereby certify that on October 21, 2008, I caused a copy of the foregoing Motion for Entry of Final Judgment and Certificate of Compliance with Provisions of the Antitrust Procedures and Penalties Act to be served on the defendants in this matter in the manner set forth below:
By electronic mail
For Defendant Signature Flight Support Corporation
For Defendant Hawker Beechcraft Services, Inc.
Peter Guryan, Esq.