|This document is available in two formats: this web page (for browsing content) and PDF (comparable to original document formatting). To view the PDF you will need Acrobat Reader, which may be downloaded from the Adobe site. For an official signed copy, please contact the Antitrust Documents Group.|
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE WITH PROVISIONS
OF THE ANTITRUST PROCEDURES AND PENALTIES ACT
Plaintiff, the United States of America, by the undersigned attorneys, hereby certifies that, in compliance with the Antitrust Procedures and Penalties Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 16(b)-(g), the following procedures have been followed in preparation for the entry of a final judgment herein:
1. The Complaint, Hold Separate Stipulation, and proposed Final Judgment were filed with the Court on May 25, 1999, and the Amended Complaint, proposed Amended Final Judgment, and Competitive Impact Statement were filed with the Court on June 8, 1999;
2. The Hold Separate Stipulation, proposed Amended Final Judgment, and Competitive Impact Statement were published in the Federal Register on June 17, 1999, Volume 64, No. 116, at pages 32538 - 551;(1)
3. Copies of the Hold Separate Stipulation, proposed Amended Final Judgment, and Competitive Impact Statement were furnished to all persons requesting them;
4. A summary of terms of the proposed Final Judgment and the Competitive Impact Statement were published in the Washington Post, a newspaper of general circulation in the District of Columbia, beginning on June 12, 1999, and continuing on consecutive days through June 18, 1999;(2)
5. On or about June 4, 1999, defendants Computer Associates International, Inc. and Platinum technology International, inc. submitted descriptions of written or oral communications by or behalf of them with any officer or employee of the United States concerning the proposed Final Judgment, as required by 15 U.S.C. § 16(g);(3)
6. The sixty-day comment period prescribed by 15 U.S.C. §16(b) and (d) for the receipt and consideration of written comments from the public, during which the proposed Final Judgment could not be entered, commenced on June 18, 1999, and ended on August 18, 1999. The United States has received no such comments.
7. The United States requests that this Court enter the Final Judgment without further hearing and is authorized by counsel for Defendants to state that Defendants join in this request.
Dated: October 5, 1999
CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE
The undersigned certifies that he is employed by the United States Department of Justice, and is a person of such age and discretion to be competent to serve papers. The undersigned further certifies that he has caused true copies of the UNITED STATES' CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE WITH PROVISIONS OF THE ANTITRUST PROCEDURES AND PENALTIES ACT to be served upon the person in the manner stated below:
Counsel for Computer Associates International, Inc. and PLATINUM technology International, inc.
Pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 1746, I declare under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.
Executed in Washington, D.C., this____ day of October, 1999.
1. A copy of this Federal Register notice and publication is attached as Exhibit A.
2. A copy of the newspaper notice and certificate of publication are attached as Exhibit B.
3. A copy of Defendants' joint Section 16(g) statement is attached as Exhibit C.