|This document is available in three formats: this web page (for browsing content), PDF (comparable to original document formatting), and WordPerfect. To view the PDF you will need Acrobat Reader, which may be downloaded from the Adobe site. For an official signed copy, please contact the Antitrust Documents Group.|
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT FOR THE
The United States of America, acting through its attorneys, charges:
1. Huber Wally Rhodes, Jr., is hereby made a defendant on the charge stated below.
2. Beginning at least as early as January 1994 and continuing thereafter until at least June 1995, the exact dates being unknown to the United States, defendant and others entered into and participated in a combination and conspiracy to suppress and restrain competition by raising, fixing, and maintaining prices for the sale of metal building insulation sold nationwide. The combination and conspiracy engaged in by the defendant and co-conspirators in unreasonable restraint of interstate trade and commerce, was in violation of Section 1 of the Sherman Act (15 U.S.C. § 1).
3. The charged combination and conspiracy consisted of a continuing agreement, understanding and concert of action among the defendant and co-conspirators, the substantial terms of which were to raise, fix, and maintain prices of metal building insulation sold to customers nationwide.
4. For the purpose of forming and carrying out the charged combination and conspiracy, the defendant and co-conspirators did those things that they combined and conspired to do, including, among other things:
5. During the period covered by this Information, the defendant was National Sales Manager and Vice President of Sales of Mizell Bros. Co., in Atlanta, Georgia, and was engaged in the sale and distribution of metal building insulation nationwide. The defendant's duties included establishing the prices of metal building insulation sold by Mizell Bros. Co. to customers nationwide.
6. Various individuals and corporations, not made defendants herein, participated as co-conspirators in the offense charged and performed acts and made statements in furtherance thereof.
7. Whenever in this Information reference is made to any act, deed or transaction of a corporation, the allegation means that the corporation engaged in the act, deed or transaction by or through its officers, directors, agents, employees or other representatives while they were actively engaged in the management, direction, control or transaction of its business or affairs.
8. The business activities of the defendant and co-conspirators that are the subject of this information were within the flow of, and substantially affected, interstate trade and commerce.
9. The combination and conspiracy charged in this information was carried out, in part, within the Southern District of Texas, within the five years preceding the filing of this information.
ALL IN VIOLATION OF TITLE 15 U.S.C. § 1.
DATED this ________ day of ____________________, 1996.