|This document is available in two formats: this web page (for browsing content) and PDF (comparable to original document formatting). To view the PDF you will need Acrobat Reader, which may be downloaded from the Adobe site. For an official signed copy, please contact the Antitrust Documents Group.|
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
MOTION TO ENTER ORDER MODIFYING CONSENT DECREE
Plaintiff United States of America moves this Court to enter the order modifying the Consent Decree entered in this case, and in support of this motion, states as follows:
1. On June 14, 1999, Nextel moved for modification of the Consent Decree entered by this Court on July 25, 1995.
2. The United States tentatively consented to the termination subject to the following conditions:
3. The United States received comments within the thirty (30) day comment period from the Alliance for Radio Competition, Chadmoore Wireless Group, Inc., Geotek Communications, Inc., Hughes Network Systems, Intek Global Corporation, Mobex Communications, Inc., Radio Communications Systems, Inc., Small Business in Telecommunications, Sunbelt Two-Way Radio, Inc., and Wilmington Trust Company, and hereby files those comments and its response with the Court.
4. As of the date of this motion, all of the foregoing conditions have been fulfilled.
5. In response to a comment submitted by Chadmoore Wireless Group, Inc., the United States and Nextel have agreed that an amendment to Paragraph 4 of the Proposed Order filed on June 14, 1999 was warranted, and both the United States and Nextel have stipulated that the Order, as amended, may be entered by the Court.
A proposed Order Modifying the Consent Decree is attached to this motion.
Dated: August 26, 1999