|This document is available in two formats: this web page (for browsing content) and PDF (comparable to original document formatting). To view the PDF you will need Acrobat Reader, which may be downloaded from the Adobe site. For an official signed copy, please contact the Antitrust Documents Group.|
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
MOTION TO ENTER ORDER TERMINATING FINAL JUDGMENT
Plaintiff United States of America and Defendant AT&T Corporation ("AT&T," the successor in interest to Tele-Communications, Inc.) and Liberty Media Corporation ("Liberty,") move this Court to enter an Order terminating the Final Judgment in the above-captioned matter, and in support of this motion, state as follows:
1. On February 22, 2002, the United States, AT&T and Liberty moved to establish procedures to modify the Final Judgment entered by this Court on August 23, 1999, and on March 5, 2002, this Court entered such order;
2. The United States provisionally agreed to the modification subject to the following conditions:
3. The United States did publish a notice in the Federal Register on February 28, 2002, did not receive any comments within the 60-day comment period, and therefore did not file any responses to comments.
4. AT&T and Liberty did publish notices in The Wall Street Journal on February 26, 2002 and February 27, 2002 and in Wireless Week on March 4, 2002 and March 11, 2002.
5. As of the date of this motion, all of the foregoing conditions have been fulfilled and termination of the Final Judgment under the procedures established by this Court is in the public interest and is timely as of May 22, 2002.
A proposed Order Terminating the Final Judgment is attached.
FOR PLAINTIFF THE
U.S. Department of Justice
FOR DEFENDANT AT&T CORPORATION
FOR LIBERTY MEDIA CORPORATION