Scheduling Order Specifying Procedures
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
With this Scheduling Order Specifying Procedures, the Court orders the following concerning the dates and procedures in this case. Counsel are ordered to be completely familiar with the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, the Local Rules of the Central District of California, and the FAQ's about Judges' Procedures and Schedules posted by these Chambers on the Central District website at http://www.cacd.uscourts.gov . If there is a first appearance by any party after the date of this Order, Plaintiff counsel shall give a copy of this Order to that party.
1. Discovery. The Court sets a discovery cutoff on the date stated in the caption of this Order. The following discovery schedule shall apply.
2. Final Pretrial Conference. The Court sets a Final Pretrial Conference under Fed. R. Civ. P. 16 on the date stated in the caption of this Order. The parties are ordered to strictly comply with the requirements of all Local Rules at Local Rule 16 et seq. The proposed final Pretrial Conference Order shall be in the format set forth in Appendix A to the Local Rules, and state the settlement procedure that was followed.
3. Joinder and Amendment Motions. Absent exceptional circumstances, any motion to join another party or to amend a pleading shall be filed and served within 60 days after the date of this Order and noticed for a hearing occurring within 90 days after the date of this Order.
4. Summary Judgment or Partial Summary Judgment Motions. Such motions shall be noticed for a hearing occurring not less than 30 days before the Final Pretrial Conference, unless otherwise allowed by the Court.
5. Settlement. In every case, if the parties and attorneys are unable to resolve the matter on their own, the Court requires that there be a settlement conference before an independent settlement officer, to be conducted before the Final Pretrial Conference. Counsel may agree on an appropriate procedure, such as a settlement conference with a magistrate judge, retired judge, or attorney, or similar alternative devised by counsel. The proposed Final Pretrial Conference Order shall state the settlement procedure that was followed.
6. Trials. The Court sets a trial date on the date stated in the caption of this Order. The following procedures shall apply.
IT IS SO ORDERED.
Dated: June 1, 2009
Courtroom Deputy Clerk: