|This document is available in two formats: this web page (for browsing content) and PDF (comparable to original document formatting). To view the PDF you will need Acrobat Reader, which may be downloaded from the Adobe site. For an official signed copy, please contact the Antitrust Documents Group.|
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
The Court hereby enters this Stipulated Order, ordering and adjudging as follows:
(1) The Court has jurisdiction over the subject matter of this action and over each of the parties hereto, and venue of this action is proper in this Court.
(2) A Final Judgment in the form hereto attached may be filed and entered by the Court, upon the motion of any party or upon the Court's own motion, at any time after compliance with the requirements of the Antitrust Procedures and Penalties Act, 15 U.S.C. § 16, and without further notice to any party or other proceedings, provided that plaintiff has not withdrawn its consent, which it may do at any time before entry of the proposed Final Judgment by serving notice thereof on defendants and by filing that notice with the Court and provided that Defendants have not abandoned their proposed merger and withdrawn their filing under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act, 15 U.S.C. § 18a.
(3) Defendants shall abide by and comply with the provisions of the proposed Final Judgment pending entry of the Final Judgment by the Court, or until expiration of time for all appeals of any Court ruling declining entry of the proposed Final Judgment, and shall, from the date of the signing of this Stipulation, comply with all the terms and provisions of the proposed Final Judgment as though the same were in full force and effect as an order of the Court.
(4) This Stipulated Order shall apply with equal force and effect to any amended proposed Final Judgment agreed upon in writing by the parties and submitted to the Court.
(5) In the event plaintiff withdraws its consent or Defendants abandon their proposed merger and withdraw their filing under the Antitrust Procedures and Penalties Act, as provided in paragraph (2) above, or in the event that the Court declines to enter the proposed Final Judgment pursuant to this Stipulation, the time has expired for all appeals of any Court ruling declining entry of the proposed Final Judgment, and the Court has not otherwise ordered continued compliance with the terms and provisions of the proposed Final Judgment, then the parties are released from all further obligations under this Stipulation, and the making of this Stipulation shall be without prejudice to any party in this or any other proceeding.
(6) Defendants, having represented that the divestiture ordered in the proposed Final Judgment can and will be made, will not raise claims of hardship or difficulty as grounds for asking the Court to modify any of the divestiture provisions contained therein.
The undersigned parties hereby stipulate to the entry of this Stipulated Order.
FOR DEFENDANT AT&T CORP.
FOR DEFENDANT MEDIAONE GROUP, INC.