Stipulation and Order
UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
It is hereby stipulated by and between the undersigned parties, through their respective counsel, as follows:
1. The Court has jurisdiction over the subject matter of plaintiff's Complaint alleging defendants Univision Communications Inc. ("Univision") and Hispanic Broadcasting Corporation ("HBC") violated Section 7 of the Clayton Act (15 U.S.C. § 18), and the parties do not object either to the Court's exercise of personal jurisdiction over them in this case, or to the propriety of venue of this action in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia. The defendants authorize John M. Taladay, Esq. of Howrey, Simon, Arnold & White L.L.P. to accept service of all process in this matter on their behalf.
2. The parties stipulate that a Final Judgment in the form hereto attached may be filed and entered by the Court, upon the motion of any party or upon the Court's own motion, at any time after compliance with the requirements of the Antitrust Procedure and Penalties Act (15 U.S.C. § 16), and without further notice to any party or other proceedings, provided that plaintiff has not withdrawn its consent, which it may do at any time before the entry of the proposed Final Judgment by serving notice thereof on defendants and by filing that notice with the Court.
3. Defendants shall abide by and comply with the provisions of the proposed Final Judgment pending entry of the Final Judgment by the Court, or until expiration of time for all appeals of any Court ruling declining entry of the proposed Final Judgment, and shall, from the date of the signing of this Stipulation by the parties, comply with all the terms and provisions of the proposed Final Judgment as though they were in full force and effect as an order of the Court.
4. This Stipulation shall apply with equal force and effect to any amended proposed Final Judgment agreed upon in writing by the parties and submitted to the Court.
5. In the event that (1) plaintiff withdraws its consent, as provided in paragraph two above, (2) defendants provide notice to plaintiff and the Court that the Agreement and Plan of Reorganization dated June 11, 2002 has been terminated or that the Merger of Univision and HBC (as defined in the Agreement and Plan of Reorganization) has been abandoned; or (3) that the proposed Final Judgment is not entered pursuant to this Stipulation, the time has expired for all appeals of any Court ruling declining entry of the proposed Final Judgment, and the Court has not otherwise ordered continued compliance with the terms and provisions of the proposed Final Judgment, then the parties are released from all further obligations under this Stipulation, and the making of this Stipulation shall be without prejudice to any party in this or any other proceeding.
6. Defendants represent that the required actions set forth in Sections IV, V, and VI of the proposed Final Judgment can and will be implemented and followed and that the defendants will later raise no claim of hardship or difficulty as grounds for asking the Court to modify any of the provisions contained therein.
It is SO ORDERED, this __ day of March, 2003.