|This document is available in two formats: this web page (for browsing content) and PDF (comparable to original document formatting). To view the PDF you will need Acrobat Reader, which may be downloaded from the Adobe site. For an official signed copy, please contact the Antitrust Documents Group.|
IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
It is stipulated by and between the undersigned parties, by their respective attorneys, as follows:
(1) The Court has jurisdiction over the subject matter of this action and, for purposes of this case only, over each of the parties hereto, and venue of this action is proper in the United States District Court for the District of Columbia.
(2) The parties stipulate that a Final Judgment in the form hereto attached may be filed and entered by the Court, upon the motion of any party or upon the Court's own motion, at any time after compliance with the requirements of the Antitrust Procedures and Penalties Act (15 U.S.C. § 16), and without further notice to any party or other proceedings, provided that the United States of America (hereinafter "United States") has not withdrawn its consent, which it may do at any time before the entry of the proposed Final Judgment by serving notice thereof on the parties and by filing that notice with the Court.
(3) Defendants shall abide by and comply with the provisions of the proposed Final Judgment, pending the Judgment's entry by the Court, or until expiration of time for all appeals of any Court ruling declining entry of the proposed Final Judgment, and shall, from the date of the signing of this Stipulation by the parties, comply with all the terms and provisions of the proposed Final Judgment as though the same were in full force and effect as an order of the Court.
(4) Defendants shall not consummate the transaction sought to be enjoined by the Complaint herein before the Court has signed this Stipulation and Order.
(5) This Stipulation shall apply with equal force and effect to any amended proposed Final Judgment agreed upon in writing by the parties and submitted to the Court.
(6) In the event (a) the United States has withdrawn its consent, as provided in paragraph (2) above, or (b) the proposed Final Judgment is not entered pursuant to this Stipulation, the time has expired for all appeals of any Court ruling declining entry of the proposed Final Judgment, and the Court has not otherwise ordered continued compliance with the terms and provisions of the proposed Final Judgment, then the parties are released from all further obligations under this Stipulation, and the making of this Stipulation shall be without prejudice to any party in this or any other proceeding.
(7) The defendants represent that the divestiture ordered in the proposed Final Judgment can and will be made, and that the defendants will later raise no claims of mistake, hardship or difficulty of noncompliance as grounds for asking the Court to modify any of the divestiture or termination provisions contained therein.
(8) The parties stipulate that Appendices IIA. and IV of the proposed Final Judgment, relating to defendants' patent applications, shall be filed under seal.
IT IS SO ORDERED by the Court, this 16th day of August, 2001.