UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
COMPLIANCE WITH THE PROVISIONS OF THE
ANTITRUST PROCEDURES AND PENALTIES ACT
Plaintiff, United States of America, hereby certifies that it has complied with the provisions of the Antitrust Procedures and Penalties Act, 15 U.S.C. § 16(b)-(h), and states:
1. The proposed Final Judgment and Competitive Impact Statement were filed with the Court on November 5, 1999, and December 6, 1999, respectively.
2. Pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 16(b), the Proposed Final Judgment and Competitive Impact Statement were published in the Federal Register on December 29, 1999, volume 64, beginning on page 73066.
3. Pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 16(b), the United States furnished to requesting parties copies of the Competitive Impact Statement, as well as copies of the Complaint and the proposed Final Judgment.
4. Pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 16(c), a summary of the terms of the proposed Final Judgment and Competitive Impact Statement were published in the Washington Post, a newspaper of general circulation in the District of Columbia, during the period December 21, 1999 through December 27, 1999.
5. The United States received no comments from members of the public concerning the proposed Final Judgment.
6. Pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 16(g), the defendants have filed with the Court a declaration describing communications by or on behalf of the defendants relating to the proposed Final Judgment with officers or employees of the United States.
7. The 60-day period provided by 15 U.S.C. § 16(d) for the submission of public comments expired on February 29, 2000.
8. Pursuant to the Stipulation and Order filed on November 5, 1999, and 15 U.S.C. § 16(e), the Court may enter the Final Judgment after it determines that the Judgment serves the public interest.
9. Plaintiff's Competitive Impact Statement demonstrates that the proposed Final Judgment satisfies the public interest standard of 15 U.S.C. § 16(e).
10. Plaintiff requests that this Court enter the Final Judgment without further hearings and is authorized by counsel for Defendants to state that Defendants join in this request.
Dated: April 13, 2000
I, Doris Neal, hereby certify that, on April 13, 2000 I caused the foregoing document to be served on defendantsAlcoa Inc., ACX Technologies, Inc., and Golden Aluminum Company by having a copy mailed, first-class, postage prepaid, to:
W. Randolph Smith, Esquire
W. Todd Miller, Esquire Baker & Miller