Index of Comments Regarding Settlement of Defendants the Penguin Group, a Division of Pearson PLC, and Penguin Group (USA), Inc.
The U.S. Department of Justice invited public comment regarding settlement of defendants The Penguin Group, a division of Pearson plc, and Penguin Group (USA), Inc. in the matter of U.S. v. Apple, Inc., et al. The comment period ended on March 5, 2013 and three timely public comments were received.
Pursuant to 15 U.S.C. § 16, comments and responses were filed with the court, referenced in the Federal Register, and are published below. This page contains links to the United States' Response, the public comments, and related resources.
U.S. Response to Public Comments: Response by Plaintiff United States to Public Comments on the Proposed Final Judgment as to the Penguin Defendants
- Case Page: U.S. v. Apple, Inc., et al.
- Federal Register Notice: 77 Federal Register 250 (December 31, 2012), pp. 77094 -77111
- Letter Request: Letter to J. Cote Requesting Leave for Electronic Publication of Tunney Comments (April 1, 2013)
- Public Comments: Public comments regarding the original Final Judgment entered in this matter, with respect to defendants Hachette, HarperCollins, and Simon & Schuster
- Public Comments: Public comments regarding settlement of defendants Verlagsgruppe Georg Von Holtzbrink GmbH and Holtzbrink Publishers, LLC d/b/a Macmillan