More Than 30 Individuals Charged in Federal Drug Sweep
30 charged with federal drug, gun and immigration offenses. Additional defendants arrested and charged with state drug offenses
BOSTON – Thirty individuals have been charged with federal drug, gun and immigration charges and two others have been charged with state drug and gun charges for their role in the distribution of fentanyl, heroin and cocaine in and around the Lawrence area.
More than 200 federal, state and local law enforcement officers were involved in a federal sweep today that was the culmination of a yearlong investigation dubbed “Operation Bad Company,” aimed at attacking the fentanyl and heroin problem in the Lawrence area. The defendants are alleged to have controlled and managed a lucrative and sophisticated drug trafficking and distribution ring in the region.
The following individuals were charged in federal indictments unsealed today:
- Juan Anibal Patrone, a/k/a Juan Anibal, a/k/a Juan Anibal Patrone-Gonzalez, a/k/a Flaco, a/k/a Poppo, a/k/a Carlos, 26, a resident of Lawrence, dual citizen of the Dominican Republic and Italy
- Domingo Gonzalez Martinez, a/k/a Guega, 26, a resident of Lawrence, from the Dominican Republic
- Oscar Francisco Marcano Valverde, a/k/a Oscar Marcado, a/k/a Oscar Malcano, 38, a Dominican national and former resident of Haverhill, currently in custody at Bristol County House of Corrections
- Josuel Moises Patrone-Gonzalez, a/k/a Coqui, a/k/a Kiko, 22, resident of Lawrence, dual citizen of the Dominican Republic and Italy
- Luis F. Lugo, 20, of Lawrence
- Victor Alexander Gonzalez-Gonzalez, a/k/a Alex, 24, Dominican national residing in Lawrence
- Daniel Diaz, 34, of Lawrence, currently in custody at Essex House of Corrections
- Luis A. Perez-Tomassini, 29 of Lawrence
- Leonel Vives, 30, of Methuen
- Santo Marino Nivar-Tejeda, a/k/a Mello, 46, a Dominican national residing in Lawrence
- Andreury Fana Burgos, a/k/a Andreury Fanas, 21, a resident of Lawrence, from the Dominican Republic
- Lacey Picariello, 33, of Burlington, Mass.
- Matthew Shover, 29, of Sandown, N.H., currently in custody at Essex House of Corrections
- Rafael Omar Arias-Rodriguez, a/k/a Prieto Tita, 37, of Lawrence
- Rafael Arce, 46, of Lawrence
- Reynaldo Duran Lora, 23, of Lawrence
- Stacey Littlefield, 41, of Rochester, N.H.
- Melvin Weatherspoon, 57, of Rochester N.H.
- Euclides Alcantara, 49, a resident of Methuen, from the Dominican Republic
- Ramon Gonzalez Nival, a/k/a Santo Ramon Gonzalez Nivar, a/k/a Santo Marino Gonzalez-Nival, a/k/a Santo Marino Guerrero Ruiz, a/k/a Luis Rivera, a/k/a Richard Romero, a/k/a Ismael Rivera-Ayala, a/k/a Caballito, a/k/a Ramoncito, a/k/a Caballo, 40, a Dominican national residing in Lawrence
- Jose Rosado Sanchez, a/k/a Chiquito, a/k/a Pequeno, a/k/a Luis D. Resto, a/k/a Timothy O’Leary, a/k/a Luis Vega Martinez, 46 (true identity unknown)
- Julio Baez Gonzalez, a/k/a Manolo, 34, a Dominican national residing in Lawrence
- Ruddy Rafael Soto Lara, a/k/a Flor Saez Guzman, a/k/a Yernan Freight, a/k/a Rafael Ruddy, a/k/a Manuel Gonzalez, a/k/a Flor Saez, a/k/a Jorge Navarez, a/k/a Peje, 38, a Dominican national, currently in custody at Essex House of Corrections
- Geronimo Confesor Gonzalez Nivar, a/k/a Geronimo Gonzalez-Nival, a/k/a Geronimo Ruiz-Gonzalez; a/k/a Alexie, a/k/a Jaboa, 35, a Dominican national residing in Lawrence
- Carlos Hernandez, a/k/a Gordo, 34, of Lawrence, currently in custody at Essex House of Corrections
- Rory Connolly, 33, of Manchester, N.H.
- Bernaldo Rosario Santiago, a/k/a Bori, 25, of Lowell
- Diosmary Burgos, 39, resident of Lawrence, from the Dominican Republic
- Caonablo Mayobanex Pol Montero, a/k/a Cesar Eliel Echavarria Navarez, a/k/a Ely Manzano, a/k/a Mayo Baney Pol; a/k/a Mayo Pol; a/k/a Eddie Soto; a/k/a Jorge Mercado; a/k/a Israel Cortes; a/k/a Israel Cortez; a/k/a Ismael Guerra Cortez; a/k/a Ismael Cortez; a/k/a Israel P. Cortez; a/k/a Ismael Guerra; a/k/a Jorge L. Santiago; a/k/a Albertoz Vasquez; a/k/a Mayo Baney Montero; a/k/a Mayo Bane Montero; a/k/a Bani, 45, a Dominican national residing in Lawrence
- Shawn Keefe, 27, of Lowell
Four additional individuals were taken into custody on administrative immigration charges and will appear in immigration court. The Essex County District Attorney’s Office charged the following individuals with distribution of fentanyl:
- Leonny Burgos, of Lawrence
- Miriam Roche, of Lawrence
The drug statute provides for a sentence of no greater than 20 years in prison; the firearm statute provides for no more than 10 years in prison; the unlawful re-entry after deportation statute provides for no more than 10 years in prison. Defendants who are charged with unlawful re-entry after deportation are subject to deportation after serving any sentence imposed. Sentences are imposed by a federal district court judge based upon the U.S. Sentencing Guidelines and other statutory factors.
Acting United States Attorney William D. Weinreb; Michal J. Ferguson, Special Agent in Charge of the Drug Enforcement Administration, New England Division; Matthew J. Etre, Special Agent in Charge of Homeland Security Investigations in Boston; Essex County District Attorney Jonathan W. Blodgett; Colonel Richard D. McKeon, Superintendent of the Massachusetts State Police; and Lawrence Police Chief James Fitzpatrick made the announcement today at a press conference. The DEA Cross Border Initiative, comprised by the DEA and the Andover, Haverhill, Lawrence, Lowell, and Wilmington Police Departments, conducted the investigation jointly with the Massachusetts State Police. Assistant U.S. Attorney Susan Winkler of Weinreb’s Narcotics and Money Laundering Unit is prosecuting the case.
The details contained in the charging documents are allegations. The defendants are presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.