You are here

Victim Witness Resources

Child Victims

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

Corrections/Prison Contacts

U.S. Department of Justice - Federal Bureau of Prisons
Inmate Locator & Facilities Locator

Massachusetts Department of Corrections
Victim Services Unit
978-369-3618 or Toll Free 866-684-2846

Fraud Victims

Annual Credit Report Request Service

Federal Trade Commission - Identity Theft Resources

Identity Theft Resource Center

National Consumers League Fraud Center

National Fraud Information Center

Glossary of Legal Terms

United States Courts Glossary of Legal Terms

Investment Fraud Victims

IRS: Examination of returns and claims for refund, credit or abatement; determination of correct tax liability

Massachusetts Resources

The Official Website of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts

The Official Website of the Attorney General of Massachusetts

National Victim Assistance Organizations

National Center for Missing & Exploited Children

National Center for Victims of Crime
800-FYI-CALL or 800-394-2255

National Organization for Victim Assistance
800-TRY-NOVA or 800-879-6682

Restitution: Frequently Asked Questions

Restitution Frequently Asked Questions for Crime Victims

Sexual Assault & Domestic Violence

Massachusetts Statewide Toll-Free Domestic Violence Hotline
SafeLink - 24 hours/multilingual

Massachusetts Coalition Against Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence
Jane Doe, Inc.

Civil Court Advocacy - provides assistance for obtaining restraining orders and harassment prevention orders

Sex Offender Registries

National Sex Offender Public Registry

Massachusetts Sex Offender Registry Board
978-740-6400 or Toll Free 800-936-3426

Victim Compensation

International Terrorism Victims Expense Reimbursement Program (ITVERP)

Massachusetts Victim Compensation Program
For federal and state violent crimes

National Association of Victim Compensation Boards
Directory of State Compensation Programs

Victim Service Directories

U.S. Department of Justice, Office for Victims of Crime: Directory of Crime Victim Services

Massachusetts Office for Victim Assistance

Threatened or Harassed Victims or Witnesses

If you are a victim or witness in a federal case and you are threatened or harassed because of your cooperation in the case, help is available.

If a threat is made to you, it should be reported to the appropriate law enforcement authority. You should report threats or harassment to the federal investigative agent or agency with whom you have had prior contact. The investigative agency will evaluate the situation and discuss appropriate measures with you. It is important to report incidences of harassment or threats as soon as possibe.

If the situation is urgent, call 911 for assistance.


Updated April 10, 2019

Was this page helpful?

Was this page helpful?
Yes No