Skip to main content
Press Release

Radric Davis, Aka Gucci Mane, Sentenced To Federal Prison For Illegal Gun Possession

For Immediate Release
U.S. Attorney's Office, Northern District of Georgia

ATLANTA - Radric Davis, a/k/a Gucci Mane, has been sentenced to three years and three months in federal prison on firearms charges.

“Davis has a long history of violence and of illegally possessing and using guns,” said United States Attorney Sally Quillian Yates.  “One of our highest priorities is to remove violent repeat offenders from our streets so that our neighborhoods and cities are safer.”

“This sentence is a direct message to criminals that ATF and our law enforcement partners are observant and will not allow violations of our laws to go unpunished, regardless of celebrity status,” said Acting Special Agent in Charge Ray Brown. “ATF is committed to utilizing the frontline strategy and working with partners to prevent violent crime and ensure that violators are prosecuted and removed from our streets.”

“The proliferation and use of guns by criminals has wreaked havoc on the streets of Atlanta for far too long,” Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. “I hope this sentence sends a strong message that we simply will not tolerate this type of irresponsible, criminal behavior from anyone, regardless of who they are.”

According to United States Attorney Yates, the charges and other information presented in court: On Sept. 14, 2013, the Atlanta Police Department received a call from a concerned citizen and acquaintance of Davis, who told police that the defendant was acting violent and had a handgun.   When police arrived, they found Davis pacing the street, smelling strongly of marijuana, waving a loaded Glock 40 caliber handgun, and making threatening comments.  Just two days earlier, police had been called to a different location in DeKalb County, where they found Davis with a different firearm, making threatening comments.

Radric Davis, 34, of Atlanta, Ga., was sentenced to three years, three months in prison to be followed by three years of supervised release, and ordered to pay restitution in the amount of $5,000.  He was also ordered to forfeit all firearms listed in the indictment.  Davis was convicted on these charges on May 13, 2014, after he pleaded guilty.
As part of the plea agreement and the Court’s sentence, Davis will seek mental health treatment once he is released from prison. 

This case was investigated by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives and Atlanta Police Department.

Assistant United States Attorney Kim S. Dammers prosecuted the case.

For further information please contact the U.S. Attorney’s Public Affairs Office at or (404) 581-6016.  The Internet address for the home page for the U.S. Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Georgia Atlanta Division is

Updated April 8, 2015