United States Attorney Assistance
Please visit our Contact Page for assistance.
Get our Victim Witness brochure
San Diego County Assistance
San Diego County Victim Assistance (619) 531-4041
(For information, referrals, crime victim compensation assistance.)
San Diego Family Justice Center (619) 533-6000
Family Justice Center provides confidential, comprehensive services to anyone who has experienced domestic violence, family violence, elder abuse, sexual assault, or sex trafficking. At Your Safe Place we provide supportive services in a judgment-free manner that empowers clients to become survivors and move forward with their lives.
Victims of Crime Resource Center 1-800-VICTIMS (1-800-842-8467)
(For information and referrals to County Victim Assistance Centers,
victim compensation, local domestic violence shelters, and filing restraining orders.)
24-hour San Diego County Domestic Violence Hotline: 888-DV-LINKS (888-385-4657)
24-hour Imperial County Woman Haven Hotline: (760) 353-8530. This hotline is answered by trained counselors 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It is bilingual, confidential and referrals may be provided for services in every region of Imperial County.
Adult Protective Services 1(800) 339-4661
Identity Theft Resource Center
(Assists victims of identity fraud.)
S.D. Youth Services, Store Front Youth Shelter (ages 12 - 17) For youth seeking help like shelter, resources, and free, 24/7 confidential service.
(866) 752-2327 (toll free) or (619) 221-8600
Bilateral Safety Corridor Coalition (BSCC)
(619) 336-0770 (Office)
(619) 666-2757 (Emergency Hotline)
Imperial County Assistance
Imperial County Victim Assistance (442) 265-1221
(For information, referrals, victim compensation assistance.)
Rape Crisis Resources:
- Center for Community Solutions (CCS) Rape Crisis Hotline: 1(888) 385-4657
- Women's Resource Center (WRC): (760) 757-3500
Child Welfare Services
Child Abuse Hotline
- For more information, or to report suspected child abuse, call (858) 560-2191
- Within the State of California you may call toll free 1(800) 344-6000
California Attorney General, Public Inquiry Unit 1-800-952-5225
(Investigates a variety of consumer/business frauds.)
Many national organizations assist crime victims and provide great resources for victims and their families. Contact an organization below for more information.
Crime Victim Information
- U.S. Department of Justice, Office for Victims of Crime
- National Organization for Victim Assistance (NOVA)
- National Center for Victims of Crime
Fraud & Identity Theft
Identity theft is when someone uses your personal information such as your Social Security Number or credit card without your permission. If you are a victim of identity theft:
- Check your accounts.
- Contact all creditors and financial institutions.
- Place a fraud alert on your social security number, and obtain a copy of your credit report.
- Contact the Identity Theft Resource Center (ITRC) no-cost victim assistance number: 1-888-400-5530 or www.idtheftcenter.org. The ITRC can provide victims with valuable information and give you detailed information on what you need to file.
- Run your credit report quarterly.
- Contact one of the three companies to place an alert.
- Equifax : 1(888) 378-4329, P.O. Box 105788, Atlanta, GA 30348.
- Experian: 1(888) 397-3742, P.O. Box 4500, Allen, TX 75013
- TransUnion: 1(800) 916-8800, P.O. Box 2000, Chester, PA 19016
- National Fraud Information Center
- Federal Trade Commission
- Identity Theft Resource Center
- Department of Justice - I.D. Theft & Fraud
- U.S. Postal Inspection Service
- Annual Credit Report
- Internet Crime Complaint Center
Once you place the fraud alert in your file, you’re entitled to order free copies of your credit reports, and, if you ask, only the last four digits of your SSN will appear on your credit reports.
- Violence Against Women & Family Protection Office
- National Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- National Domestic Violence Hotline
- Domestic Violence Shelters Resources
- National Sexual Violence Resource Center
- Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network
- Sexual Assault Response Advocates - Nationwide Hotline
- Department of Defense Sexual Assault Prevention & Response (SAPR) Helpline: 1(877) 995-5247
Child Victims And Violent Crime
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- Parents of Murdered Children
- National Center for Abused and Neglected Kids