UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
FOR THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA,
& nbsp; Plaintiff,
AT&T CORP., and
MEDIAONE GROUP, INC.
| | |
| Civil Action No.: 1: 00CV01176 (RCL) |
CERTIFICATE OF COMPLIANCE WITH PROVISIONS
OF THE ANTITRUST PROCEDURES AND PENALTIES ACT
Plaintiff, United States of America, by the undersigned attorney, hereby certifies that, in compliance with the Antitrust Procedures and Penalties Act, 15 U.S.C. § 16 (b) - (h), the following procedures have been followed in preparation for the entry of a final judgment herein:
- Plaintiff and defendants stipulated to the entry of the proposed Final Judgment, and this Stipulation was filed with the Court on May 25, 2000;
- The proposed Final Judgment was filed with the Court on May 25, 2000;
- The Competitive Impact Statement was filed with the Court on May 25, 2000;
- The Stipulation, proposed Final Judgment, and Competitive Impact Statement were published in the Federal Register on June 21, 2000, Volume 55, No. 120, at pages 38584-38593;(1)
- Copies of the Stipulation, proposed Final Judgment, and Competitive Impact Statement were furnished to all persons requesting them;
- A summary of terms of the proposed Final Judgment was published in the Washington Post, a newspaper of general circulation in the District of Columbia, beginning on June 15, 2000 and continuing on consecutive days through June 21, 2000;(2)
- Defendant AT&T Corp. (on August 8, 2000) and defendant MediaOne Group (on August 11, 2000), each filed with the Court a description of written or oral communications by or on behalf of the defendants, or any other person, with any officer or employee of the United States concerning the proposed Final Judgment, as required by 15 U.S.C. § 16(g);
- The sixty-day comment period prescribed by 15 U.S.C. §16(b) and (d) for the receipt and consideration of written comments, during which the proposed Final Judgment could not be entered, commenced on June 21, 2000 and ended on August 21, 2000;
- As of the date of this certificate of compliance, the United States has received no comments on the proposed Final Judgment. Accordingly, it was not necessary for the United States to file any Response of the United States to Comments with the Court, or to publish any comments or Response in the Federal Register, pursuant to 15 U.S.C. §16(d).
- The parties have now satisfied all the requirements of the Antitrust Procedures and Penalties Act, 15 U.S.C. § 16 (b) - (h), as a condition for entering the proposed Final Judgment, and it is now appropriate for the Court to make the public interest determination required by 15 U.S.C. § 16(e) and to enter the Final Judgment.
|Dated: September 20, 2000|| |
| || Respectfully submitted, |
Claude F. Scott, Jr. ( D.C. Bar No. 414906)
Telecommunications Task Force
United States Department of Justice
1401 H Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20530
CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE
I hereby certify that copies of the foregoing Motion for Entry of Final Judgment were served by first-class U.S. mail, postage prepaid, this 20th day of September, 2000 upon counsel for each of the parties as listed below:
Attorneys for AT&T Corp.:
|Mark Rosenblum|| David Carpenter |
|AT&T Corporation || Sidley & Austin|
|295 North Maple Avenue || Bank One Plaza|
|Basking Ridge, New Jersey 07920 || Chicago, IL 60603|
|Ilene Knable Gotts|
|Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz|
|51 West 52nd Street|
|New York, NY 10019|
Attorneys for MediaOne Group, Inc.:
|Sean Lindsay||Philip L. Verveer|
|MediaOne Group, Inc. || Theodore Whitehouse|
|188 Inverness Drive, West||Wilkie, Farr & Gallagher|
|Suite 600 || Three Lafayette Centre|
|Englewood, CO 80112 ||1155 21st Street, NW|
| || Washington, DC 20036|
| ||____________ /s/______________|
Claude F. Scott, Jr.
1. A copy of this Federal Register notice and publication is attached as Exhibit A.
2. A copy of the newspaper notice and certificate of publication are attached as Exhibit B.