Skip to main content

Securing Victims' Rights: Administrative Complaint Procedure

If you are the victim of an antitrust violation and you believe that you are not receiving the rights to which you are entitled, you should inform the attorney prosecuting the case or the Victim-Witness Coordinator as soon as possible. Every effort will be made to provide you with the rights to which you are entitled or to explain why certain rights cannot be provided.

If you feel that you have been denied any of these rights by Department of Justice employees, you may file a complaint to request corrective or disciplinary action against these employees. (Note: The complaint form is not designed for the correction of specific victims' rights violations.)

To file a complaint involving matters being prosecuted by the Antitrust Division:

  1. Do one of the following to obtain a copy of the Complaint Form:
    1. Open an online form: Select Complaint Form (listed below under Related Pages).
    2. Request a hardcopy form: Contact either an attorney who is prosecuting this case or an Antitrust Division Victim-Witness Coordinator.
  2. Complete the form, sign it, and send it to:

R. Steven Taylor
Antitrust Division, San Francisco Office
450 Golden Gate Avenue, Room 10-0101
San Francisco, CA 94102
Phone: 415-934-5326
Fax: 415-934-5399

Complaints will be acknowledged and investigated and, if appropriate, corrective action will be taken against the employee. The decision of the Department of Justice with respect to the action taken in response to an administrative complaint is final and may not be appealed to the courts.

Related pages:

Overview of Victims' Rights

Contacts: Victim-Witness Coordinators in the Antitrust Division

Complaint Form

Office of the Victims' Rights Ombudsman

Updated January 24, 2024