The Section 904 federal advisory task force supports the Department of Justice's program of research on violence against American Native and Alaska Native Women. The task force and program of research are focusing on the crimes of domestic violence, sexual assault, stalking, murder, and sex trafficking.
The task force was established on March 31, 2008 and rechartered in 2010, 2012 and 2016. The members are appointed by the Attorney General.
The task force is a working body; duties include:
- Provide feedback on priorities, research design strategies, research and evaluation protocol, and findings.
- Assist in disseminating results that influence policy and practice.
- Draft and review reports and recommendations.
Members must be representatives of:
- Tribal governments
- National tribal domestic violence and sexual assault nonprofit organizations
- National tribal organizations
Read the 2017 Letter Calling for Nominations for the Task Force.
See a list of Section 904 Task Force Members.