Helpful Safety Links
In an effort to give the public as much information as possible, we are providing you with a page that is specifically dedicated to Internet links that are external to the Department of Justice
Please be aware that the links below have no affiliation with the DOJ. They are provided as a helping hand in finding common, everyday information via the Internet. Because of this, each of the links will open into a separate browser window.
Guides and Rules to Safe Surfing
- Children's Partnership Online - The latest statistics and data of where things stand today with children, families and the Internet.
- Disney's Internet Safety - Help Mickey and the gang with their adventures in Internet safety!
- DLTK's - DLTK's Crafts for Kids (Safety Ideas)
- FCC Parents' Information Site- Includes information on filtering software, the V chip, cable lock boxes and more.
- GetNetWise - A collaborative effort from Internet industry and public interest organizations to help insure that families have safe, constructive, and educational or entertaining online experiences.
- Home Security - News, tips, and information to help consumers keep their homes and families safe.
- ILC Glossary of Internet Terms - by Matisse Enzer.
- Safety Education - U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Kids - Safety Tips (FBI) - FBI.Gov (Fun and Games Site)
- My Rules for Online Safety - Kids' Rules for Online Safety.
- Consumer.ftc.gov - Protect Kids Online
- SafeKids.com - Online safety and civility SafeKids Online Safety Quiz
- What Can I do to be 'Net' safe - Cybersecurity & Infrastructure Security Agency
- National Cybersecurity Alliance - Stay Safe Online
- School Bus Bullying - Prevention - Transfinder
Blocking and Monitoring Software
- Trend Micro Safety Center - Link Checker
Filtered Search Engines
- Google's - SafeSearch screens for sites that contain adult sites and eliminates them from search results. No filter is 100% accurate.
- GetNetWise can help. - The challenge is to stay "one-click" ahead of would-be pornographers, hackers, child-predators and those who would misuse your and your child's sensitive information.