In an effort to give the public as much information as possible, we are providing you with a page that is specifically dedicated to Internet links that are external to the Deparmet of Justice
Please be aware that the links below have no affiliation with the DOJ. They are provided as a helping hand in finding common, everyday information via the Internet. Because of this, each of the links will open into a separate browser window.
Guides and Rules to Safe Surfing
- Children's Partnership Online - The latest statistics and data of where things stand today with children, families and the Internet.
- Disney's Internet Safety - Help Mickey and the gang with their adventures in Internet safety!
- DLTK's - DLTK's Crafts for Kids (Safety Ideas)
- FCC Parents' Information Site- Includes information on filtering software, the V chip, cable lock boxes and more.
- GetNetWise - A collaborative effort from Internet industry and public interest organizations to help insure that families have safe, constructive, and educational or entertaining online experiences.
- Home Security - News, tips, and information to help consumers keep their homes and families safe.
- ILC Glossary of Internet Terms - by Matisse Enzer.
- Safety Education - U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission.
- Kids - Safety Tips (FBI) - FBI.Gov (Fun and Games Site)
- My Rules for Online Safety - Kids' Rules for Online Safety.
- Netsafe.org.nz - The web site of the Internet Safety Group, a New Zealand government supported entity committed to keeping our kids safe on the Net.
- Consumer.ftc.gov - Protect Kids Online
- SafeKids.com - Online safety and civility SafeKids Online Safety Quiz
- USOUTDOOR.COM - Ski, Snowboard, & Winter Sport Safety Guide
- What Can I do to be 'Net' safe - The Police Notebook - Law Enforcement Internet site to promote safety and crime prevention information.
Blocking and Monitoring Software
- Trend Micro Safety Center - Link Checker
Filtered Search Engines
- Google's - SafeSearch screens for sites that contain adult sites and eliminates them from search results. No filter is 100% accurate.
- GetNetWise can help. - The challenge is to stay "one-click" ahead of would-be pornographers, hackers, child-predators and those who would misuse your and your child's sensitive information.