Did this happen to you or someone you know?
- Has anyone hit, kicked, bit, slapped, or thrown things at you?
- Has anyone held or tied you down, or locked you in a room or building?
- Has anyone shaken, pinched, or burned you?
- Has anyone physically hurt you so that you suffered some injury, such as cuts, bruises, or other marks?
- Has anyone pushed, shoved, or grabbed you?
- Has anyone used a knife or gun on you?
- Has anyone not allowed you to go the bathroom?
- Has anyone given you too much or too little medication?
Warning signs of physical abuse include:
- Bruises, black eyes, welts, lacerations, or rope marks
- Bone fractures, broken bones, or skull fractures
- Open wounds, cuts, punctures, untreated injuries in various stages of healing
- Sprains, dislocations, or internal injuries/bleeding
- Broken eyeglasses/frames, physical signs of being subjected to punishment, or signs of being restrained
- Laboratory findings of medication overdose or under-utilization of prescribed drugs
- An elder's report of being hit, slapped, kicked, or mistreated
- An elder's sudden change in behavior
- The caregiver's refusal to allow visitors to see an elder alone
Click ‘Quick Exit’ above to immediately leave this site. If you are in immediate danger, call 911.
Licensed material is being used for illustrative purposes only. Any person depicted in the licensed material is a model.